Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting something done! Finally!

Happy New Year! Ok so not so happy here on the home front because we all started out 2012 with nasty colds, but that aside, I am determined to make this year productive! New years resolution: This year I have decided I will be Supermom! A tad ambitions? Yes, but really my term is for lack of a better term. Defined, it really means that I want to do better for my family: make more time for them, better structure and scheduling for the kids and housework, as well as have a part time job. My part time job being teaching sewing classes at Sew Country Boutique, and selling whatever projects time allows me to work on at home. There is also a pile of personal projects in my stash (UFO's if you will) that I am determined to clear out this year (need to make space for new UFO's for next year, right?)

So on top of my dozens of new years resolutions, I will silently participate in Patchwork Times 2012 UFO Challenge. Silent mostly because I procrastinated until after the deadline...imagine that...but I digress! Below are my 12 personal projects I will finish this year (one a month):

1. Infant Carrier--Began this when my daughter was born and never got around to finishing it. Probably should finish it before she gets too big for her carrier...

2. My sister's quilt that I promised her for Christmas this year... oops...well by-golly she's gonna get it in 2012...much of it is cut, but it's been on hold because I require a Star and Geese ruler that I'm having trouble running down...I know, excuses, excuses, right?

3. Hexy Sexy Love quilt (amy butler design)--Started this for our room about a year ago. All pieces are cut and I have only a few blocks started...

4. Nursery Curtains--have fabric, just looking for design inspiration...hmmm

5. Glider cover, half finished for a year...or 2?

6. Daughters' growth charts and one for a friend

7. Holly's College Quilt--been collecting fabric, but haven't started...this may have to count as a couple months worth...let's say 8-10 blocks a week (54 blocks)

8. Holly's College Quilt-- 8-10 block-a-week goal from previous UFO listing, plus some time for quilting

9. Cloth Diapers, yes I love these and I have the fabric and pattern, just need to pump some more out.

10.Diaper Bag--Actually finished this one, but parts of it were bugging me so I took it apart...

11. Christmas stockings--yeah so I got the fabric this December to make them for this Christmas--moving on...

12. Pile of mending to complete, as well as a pile of small projects that could easily be finished in a month if I took the time...

ok so in no particular order, these will all be completed in 2012...right? Patchwork Times posted #5 to be the project completed in January. So here we go...

1 comment: